View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 01:05 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Based on what we've seen from Eller this far in the NHL, he isn't comfortable on the wing. He plays at his best at center and keeping him there also fills a need for us: having a center bigger than 5'11 out there. How do you know that DD's game isn't suited on the wing? DD has shown in any league that's he's played in that he doesn't struggle to adapt when given the opportunity to accept a new role. If he plays with two big teammates, Desharnais won't really have to do any board work (which he's amazing at btw for such a small guy).
I kinda made the assumption that one of DD or Eller would be moved to wing once Gally was ready, so we would still have a big centre.

But like I said, Eller is better as a centre, but I just don't see DD having any success on the wing.

The wingers are the ones first in on the fore-check, and while DD is good along the boards when he has the puck, usually using his powerful legs to protect the puck, he would be useless on the fore-check, most small wingers like Gionta who have success, have very strong upper body strength, which DD doesn't have.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote