View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
The Pizza Line.

I'm a Sabres fan and know first and foremost, that line was disgustingly good. Literally destroyed teams by itself on a given night, including Buffalo many times. It didn't matter that the Sens had shaky goaltending at the time (injured Hasek, Emery, Gerber, etc.). That line could rack up enough goals to win no matter how the defense or goaltending was. Every time it stepped on the ice, that line was a threat to score and most often would if you made one mistake. Spezza the play-maker and Heatley and Alfredsson the goal-scorers; they just knew where each other was at all times. Spezza's never been a slouch in goal-scoring either and Alfredsson has racked up points for years, although I think Heatley was the most dangerous. Their individual point totals together were insane and the production as a line was as well, although I don't have the stats in front of me. That whole line was a Sabre-killer, particularly Heatley and Alfredsson throughout both of their careers. Even Spezza has feasted on us but the former two even moreso since Spezza was usually the guy setting them up.

Long story short, that line was a threat to score on every shift. If the Sens were down a goal and put that line out, they always had a good chance to tie. It was that scary. The WCE was good, but The Pizza Line (or The CASH Line) was pure dominant and one of the best lines I've ever seen. I'm very glad the line is no longer intact now. It would put up at least a point or two every game we played against them.

Last edited by Rivet52: 08-06-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote