View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Keep being a Cody fan boy. It doesn't take an NHL scout to see how poor Hodgson was from the offensive blue line and out. He was brutal. A liability. He had worse numbers in Buffalo than he did here and he played mostly with Vanek. Obviously he'll get points but I actually watched most of his games in Buffalo and he was awful for the most part. I can't see his lateral movement or acceleration improving and his awareness in the defensive zone is like I said "brutal" It'll be hard to generate scoring chances when he's mostly running around in his own end. He had 85% offensive zone stars in Van. Why is this? Because Gillis and AV knew how atrociousness he was and they were trying to mask his deficiencies while increasing his offensive production so they could get his value up and it worked admirably. We got a steal of a trade and I laugh every time someone says Gillis lost the Hodgson trade. Only morons thought Hodgson deserved more ice time here. The wool was pulled over your eyes. Gillis did a masterful job that even the fans were duped. Ennis and Foligno are still major question marks. Pominville had a revitalizing season but his previous years his affect on the game was diminishing. I don't see him putting up the same numbers and I dont see him nullifying Hodgsons embarrassing defensive play. For every goal they score they'll give up two.
Cody fanboy? I think youre generalizing and using your opinion of most of the hodgson fanboys around here and putting that on me. Just because i said something half decent about it doesn't make me a fanboy. Im not even that high on the guy. But I think anybody who thinks the game as smart as him can do well enough in between two great players to make it into the playoffs.

Ennis is not a question mark, foligno, sure.

Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote