View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Rumblick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
One solid ECHL season doesn't necessarily mean that Grubauer will have success at the AHL level. Hershey has had recent success with ECHL grads in Neuvirth and Holtby, but at some point the law of averages is going to catch up with them.
There is no "law of averages" at work here. A good young goalie is a good young goalie, and based on his numbers & the reports people gave on him last season, I'm comfortable with Grubauer as a good young goalie. Will he be a Neuvirth? Not likely, but I'm setting the bar at "good", not "Calder Cup lynchpin".

IMO Sabourin was mediocre at best last season and may not have much left in the tank. I was honestly suprised that he was re-signed so quickly with a number of UFA goalies available.
Absolutely will agree to disagree here. Sabo played behind a mediocre (at best) defense most nights, kept us in a lot of games and won a few for us outright. Add in his value as a mentor to the kids, his voice in the locker room an the fact that he wants to play here, and the signing was an absolute lock for Hershey.

Reading should be fun to watch this year with Anderson and Kostenko.
Finally, we agree.
They're going to be a solid team this year, considering the depth already on Hershey's roster and some of the guys the Royals have signed. May have to get down there for a few games. Word is the Royals will possibly be looking to set some discount deals up for Bears STH's working around Hershey off-nights.
Also, note that your question was "You aren't concerned about your goaltending duo?". For most Bears fans, goaltending shapes up as the least of our worries. We have promising youngsters, depth, a veteran presence, and Olaf Kolzig as an organizational goalie coach. We'll be just fine.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote