View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 04:50 PM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The way the league hands out points, with losers getting 1 point in OT games, any 8th place is usually barely an 8th place team, and any 9th place team is usually almost a playoff team.

2012: 3 points separating 8th and 9th
2011: 2 points separating 8th and 9th
2010: 1 points separating 8th and 9th
2009: 0 points separating 8th and 9th
2009: 2 points separating 8th and 9th

I do agree that if the team is better than I think than a rebuild is less necessary. However, I still hold that we should be sellers regardless of whether we are 6th or 14th. For me that only changes who we should sell.

I'm for dealing Kaberle either way, as he's going to fetch a great return. I hope that one of Leblanc or Gallagher dominates in Hamilton this year. That will facilitate trading away one of our vets.

I think a core of Galchenyuk, Subban, Price, Pacioretty will contend in good years. However, if you add one more elite player, such as McKinnon or Jones, I think you end up with a perennial contender.
I think you're stuck in 2011 as far as kaberle's value is concerned, Carolina took on an aging salary dump for his services, his value is at an all time low. I will concede if he turns it around a bit with his conditioning he could elevate his value again, but I don't think a 1st is in the cards, that wouldn't restrict me from moving him though.