View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Honestly if I were a betting man I would bet on Fogarty being cut. He had flashes but was not the type of consistent force you need to be to make the WJC team as a non-NTDP product, IMO. Not really a knock on him, there is a ton of good talent in this camp.

If he has a good start at ND he could definitely play himself onto a 3rd/4th line center role though at Winter camp. It was encouraging seeing how much his game has changed, just 1 year removed from playing HS hockey. Much better defensively and much better at learning how to work within a structure as opposed to the (at times) one man show he was with Edina.

Finally, an NCAA conditioning program will do wonders for him. He has great hockey sense but physically needs to mature - both speed and bulk. From what I could tell from a crummy internet feed he had by far the biggest case of "chicken legs" among the invitees; ND's training regimen should really help him put on the right kind of mass that should hopefully also help his skating.