View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Quibble? You tried to call me out on something you apparently weren't familiar with, that's fine. I wasn't rubbing it in, only replying to your question of whether or not I knew of a Captain beside Koivu.

Never assume, I said in my own post that I believe Gionta can be solid contributor to the habs, I was only addressing his value. He most definitely has the value of a late 1st + prospect, maybe even more at the deadline. I never disputed the rest of your post, in fact, I agree with most of what you said, aside from the fact that Gionta's size would limit his value, it wouldn't. If a GM was acquiring Gionta for his scoring/grit, his size would be the last thing on his mind, his age ect are basically irrelevant with the years remaining on his contract, Gio should maintain decent production through those years.
I conclude that you overestimate Gionta's market value. I don't take offense but you are mistaken in believing that I was unaware of those captain trades. You may not have been aware of it, but I began watching the Habs in the mid-1940s and I'm more knowledgeable about the team's history than you are. I've viewed their games not only in the Forum and the Bell Centre but also in Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Long Island, and New Jersey. I've had lunch with Scotty Bowman and had conversations with former coaches Jacques Lemaire, Claude Ruel, and Jean Perron.