View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 08:08 PM
KareemTrustfund
Beat it, Grandma.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
People got really defensive when I made my opinion that Hay (And the assistant coaches for that matter as well) was a horrible choice because he's a well known defense first coach and it doesn't matter how hard you try that isn't going to work at the international level, but it was nice on a personal level even if it didn't help Canada that my concerns were proven right.

The Connolly disaster you mention was probably the best example of the mistakes Hay made.

Spott's a controversial figure in Kitchener for sure but he knows not to mess with a players style of play, play to your strengths not to what your coach thinks you should do. Murphy was dammed if you do dammed if you don't last year, he clearly wasnt' comfortable playing what Hay wanted him to do (I'd much rather have Murphy in that Russian game than Harrington), and if he played his own game Hay wouldn't have picked him anyway because he didn't listen. It's nice to have a coach who'll tell him to play like he does best.
What do you have against Harrington anyway? You ripped him apart last year when he made the team, yet he was exceptional at shutting down top lines throughout the whole tournament.

I'm not trying to sound like a **** here, just trying to figure out why you think he should not be on the team.