Thread: Prospect Info: Stefan Noesen - top 6 upside?
View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 11:50 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Definitely.

And I know this isn't originally mine, or am I advocating that this will happen, but this pick does remind me of the Corey Perry pick. It was thought that Perry would be more of an agitator, and while he is, he's certainly more than that.

I'm not saying Noesen will be a Corey Perry, but for a guy who was labelled as "3rd line energy guy", I think there is tons of room for improvement on that. While I watch the OHL a ridiculous amount, I rarely saw him in his draft year because he played in Plymouth. I watched him more and more this year, and one thing is that he's CONSTANTLY the first man in on the puck separating the defender from it.

Really excited to see him here.
He doesn't have Perry's hands. Perry made leaps and bounds in development after he was drafted - developing into a physical agitator type, improving his skating to the point were it wasn't an issue, and obviously his offensive side as well. But he always had the hands.

Noesen is has top 6 potential, but maybe a less physical Dustin Brown is a better comparison?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote