Thread: Prospect Info: Stefan Noesen - top 6 upside?
View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Noesen has a shot be a top 10 OHL scorer this year. Possibly top 5.

Kid is the real deal. I like the Dustin Brown comparison personally. He's great at the body banging aspect to his game but he's also got soft mits in close and a real good shot.

Brock on the prospects board had a great write up on him:

Quote:
Stefan Noesen - Plymouth Whalers
Noesen had a terrific year in Plymouth. He's so much more talented offensively than people give him credit for. His hands and vision are definitely above average. He's capable of hurting you in so many different ways. This year, he was clearly stronger and as a result was much more effective in taking the puck to the net. He's also a strong puck handler and is able to protect the puck very well. He's hard to stop off the rush. But Noesen is also an opportunist who looks for holes and has a shot to take advantage of his scoring opportunities. He also makes those he plays with better by winning battles in the corners and by creating space. This year he was noticeably more physical and really thrived on the physical aspects of the game. I'm a big fan of this kid. In the playoffs this past year, he was an absolute unstoppable force before going down with a hand injury. I think he's going to be a monster next year for a Plymouth squad who could challenge for the Memorial Cup. I definitely think he could put up 90 points and inch close to or reach the top 10 in league scoring.