Thread: Prospect Info: Stefan Noesen - top 6 upside?
View Single Post
Old
08-07-2012, 07:29 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
I hate to be the guy that brings up negative stuff, but it seems like every one thinks all of our prospects are Top-6 talent. While they very well may have Top-6 potential we can't have 15 Top-6 forwards at some point, something will have to give some where. This is a good problem to have.

That said, I do think that Noesen can be a Top-6 forward on an NHL, although i have yet to see him with my own two eyes.
It's a common occurrence for a prospect not to reach their potential ceiling in their careers. Everything is hypothetical (obviously). I think Noesen COULD be a top 6 player in the future because of his on-ice assets. Same goes for prospects such as Silfverberg, Stone, Zibanejad, Puempel and Pageau. They all have top 6 upside, IMO. In reality, there's a possibility that none of them pan out, or we hit the jackpot and several of them pan out.

I don't think it's a matter of us pumping their tires too much. I believe it's just a matter of realizing the probabilities that they don't reach their full potential. We do have a very promising crop of forward prospects right now; some of the best in the NHL, so it's very easy to be excited about the future with a pool such as ours.