View Single Post
Old
08-07-2012, 09:04 AM
JAVO16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I conclude that you overestimate Gionta's market value. I don't take offense but you are mistaken in believing that I was unaware of those captain trades. You may not have been aware of it, but I began watching the Habs in the mid-1940s and I'm more knowledgeable about the team's history than you are. I've viewed their games not only in the Forum and the Bell Centre but also in Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Long Island, and New Jersey. I've had lunch with Scotty Bowman and had conversations with former coaches Jacques Lemaire, Claude Ruel, and Jean Perron.
The problem with this is that if there's on thing that's hard to evaluate, it's the value a player might fetch in a trade. How many times have we been left scratching our heads by a trade made by a GM ? There are many factor which fall in this equation. Is this other team desperate for more scoring or they feel the need to shore up because their rivals have made a big moves ? Do they think highly of Gionta as a individual, hockey player, leader, etc ? Is Gionta having a good season ? Is he simply red hot right now ? Is the next draft a good one ? Which GM is the better negociator ?

I won't say that I could on forever, but I'm sure we could make a pretty hefty list of questions here, not all easy to answer. That's why there might be a good chance that Gionta might fetch us a 1st.

Also, don't bring up the fact that you've had conversations with NHL coaches to prove your point. Justin Bieber might've had a talk with Scotty Bowman for all I care and listening to the game since the 1940s doesn't make you knowledgeable, it makes you a hardcore fan. Nice to know though that you've been listening for all that time. Keep it up man !