View Single Post
Old
08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
GototheFlamestotheGo

vCash: 500
B.Sutter played Backs in primarily defensive situations to cultivate his two-way game and on that front, it worked very well. Backs has been one of our best defensive centres despite being a poor faceoff winner.

In the few opportunities he had on the powerplay and with the top 6 lines, I felt that he showed promise but it wasn't consistent because, especially in 5 on 5 situations, he would retreat back too quickly to be in a proper defensive position. As a result, he kept taking himself out of a scoring position. I think playing in Hartley's more offensive system will really help him breakout.

I'm hoping that come training camp, he will be playing with Baertschi and the two of them can re-ignite the chemistry they showed in last year's camp and pre-season. I think playing with a defensively sound playmaking centre like Backlund help Sven just as much as Sven's skill and forecheck ability will help Backs.

I don't think he was overhyped or underhyped. I think he's a solid young player who still has room for improvement and people are disappointed simply because he isn't the top line centre that they envisioned.

GototheFlamestotheGo is offline   Reply With Quote