View Single Post
08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
I don't see much here about Reilly in these boards. He is opening some eyes at the U.S. junior dev camp.

"Notable Performances:

Mike Reilly ó Reilly may have scored his teamís only goal, but thatís not why heís on this list. I had seen Reilly very little prior to this camp, and was a little skeptical in my first viewings. After watching him at this level, I think itís pretty clear his 83 points in the BCHL were no joke. With elite skating ability and high-end puck skills, Reilly stood out the whole game. He created chances offensively and while he definitely freelances quite a bit, his speed allows him to make up ground quickly. Heíll need to have a responsible D partner, but there wasnít a defenseman I saw in Mondayís games that were as creative or as threatening offensively as Reilly. Heís adequate in the D-zone, but a potential weapon offensively. If he can bring this same style to Minnesota in the first half, he could be in a top-four role with that skill-set. I havenít seen too many U.S. defensemen play like Reilly. Heís certainly an exciting talent."
Even though he played like 3 hours away in Penticton, it's really hard to get updates from players in the lower junior leagues. That being said, from everything I saw/heard, he was the best offensive defenseman on that team.

I think we have to think of him as a distant project. He'll need to bulk up and continue to learn the game a little bit, but I certainly think his potential is that of a powerplay quarterback, and we have the luxury of time with a bevy of defense prospects already in the system.

Thanks for the update!