Thread: Prospect Info: Stefan Noesen - top 6 upside?
View Single Post
Old
08-07-2012, 01:37 PM
BondraTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
Foligno scored 30 goals and 12 playoff goals in his season after being drafted. They both showed good scoring ability in junior. I didn't say Noesen wasn't better offensively. Doesn't mean that will translate. We all know mostly every 1st round pick will be good producers in junior.

go ask USA hockey people if they think they play similar styles. They are hitters, net crashers. Noesen better on a PP and better offensively, as I have already stated.
Foligno scored 31 in 66 games in his first season after his draft year, as a 19 year old.

Noesen scored 38 in 63 games in his first season after being drafted as a 18 year old.

If you go by point totals it is closer, but still favors Noesen. The fact that Noesen showed up looking like an MMA fighter at the prospect camp also has me giddy.

Foligno never played in the top 6 of a world junior tournament, which is almost a certainty at this point for Noesen, with a possibility for a first line role.

They play similar styles, Noesen just does it better when you compare them at similar stages.