Thread: OT: Futbol II
View Single Post
Old
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Rapinoe is a good player but like Foy I feel she gets a bit overrated. She plays on the wing so by definition she has a harder time to consistently have impact on the game, to me she plays the ball with little patience and often makes a dumb giveaway or takes a dumb shot when there is a better play elsewhere. That said she overwhelming has positive impact on the teams play - she is the best freekick taker - but I feel like she is the 2nd best wide player on the team, behind Tobin Heath (and Heath is only getting better), and Heath by all means should be playing in the middle of the pitch before too long, as the attacking midfielder (which the current formation does not really have due to Morgan and Wambach both playing striker).

I think US needs to score early against Japan and then get Shannon Boxx into the game, there needs to be a defensive midfielder in the game to help US's defense. THe defenders are fine but they don't have a great natual holding midfielder in front of them. Lloyd should probably play an attacking role and Cheney should play box to box - due to the 2 strikers they're both kinda playing roles that don't suit them that well, which has hurt the US when they play against dangerous attacking midfielders - since they kinda have free roam (such as we saw against France and now Canada).

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote