View Single Post
Old
08-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Let's analyze Gauthier's moves as a whole...
I just don't see a point to doing this. He was a bad GM who made some decent moves over his career. He's not the worst GM we've ever had, but he wasn't great. And we're better off without him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You say that Cammalleri could have been traded for a first rounder. Don't you think Gauthier tried to get one if he could?
No, I don't. It's painfully obvious that he was a control freak who was ridiculous about maintaining an image of an ideal that existed in his own mind. Cammy threatened that image and PG made a trade as quickly as he could.

Painfully obvious that this was the case and it's even more obvious now that we're learning just how batcrazy this guy really was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Now you say the same about Gionta. Not all possible things happen. We'll never know what Bergevin would have done with Cammalleri and we'll have to see what he has in mind for Gionta. So far he hasn't done anything controversial because he hasn't seen even one preseason game. AS predicted, he's signed some of the Habs' own UFAs and RFAs. He also signed some UFAs for the bottom lines and the third defense pairing. I hope to learn about his outlook on the personnel when he makes his first trade.
I have no idea what to expect from Bergevin or what he would've done. I know what we should've done though. And it didn't include giving away Cammy and saddling ourselves with a longer contract for a worse player. Nor would it have included signing Kaberle... Just like I know that we should probably rebuild now and continue on the path towards accumulating good young players to build with.

Will Bergevin make this move? I have no idea right now. I hope so, but I don't know anything about this guy.