View Single Post
Old
08-08-2012, 01:27 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
People seem worried about Sammy being a top-6 forward, but I really think that between Sammy, Cleary and Bertuzzi...plus Tatar, Nyquist and Brunner potentially being a top-6 talent this season, I think they'll be good. I think our forward depth is pretty solid and a little competition for top-line minutes is always a good thing, so long as Babcock doesn't let things get stagnant.

The negativity brigade likes to bring up how D & Z are one year older, but so are Tatar and Nyquist. Even though we didn't get a top-6 star forward like many of us (myself included) wanted, we're still a deeper team with the additions of Tootoo and the youngsters. Brunner is a total wildcard, but there's always the chance that he's legit.
You're going to be in for a rude awakening when Nyquist starts the year as a healthy scratch then is used by Babcock on the 4th line with 6 minutes a night. Nevermind Tatar getting extended time. Not saying I agree with it, but there are already articles saying Nyquist may be a callup again. If true, I feel like it would be an absolute slap in the face, but not unsurprising given how the Wings have operated the past few years.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 08-08-2012 at 01:39 AM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote