View Single Post
Old
08-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Axel H (Flashy G)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
We got deeper up front by adding Sammy, Brunner and Tootoo (also will have Nyquist up full-time hopefully) which was a goal going into the off-season.

We brought in a very intriguing back-up for Jimmy which was another need.

I think we will finish ahead of Nashville and Chicago. St. Louis likely will maintain their pace that they had last season.

We are now deeper and more balanced than NSH and CHI and the Hawks still don't have a goalie. Let's not forget that they didn't do anything at all this off-season after getting knocked off in the first round for the second consecutive season in a row. Nashville downgraded, assuming that their youngsters don't set the world on fire.

I see us as a 4-5 seed again.
Sammy = Hudler
Brunner may not be ready for the NHL, may need a year in Grand Rapids.
Tootoo is another bottom 6 player, albeit some sandpaper we needed, a marginal improvement.
The monster won't bolster our flawed team which has regressed severely defensively and with our offensive woes not addressed that we needed addressed last season.
It's possible we finish ahead of Chicago and Nashville who either stagnated or regressed as we have, but I have a feeling we will be behind at least one of those two. 6th is still my prediction.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote