View Single Post
Old
08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH15 View Post
Bergeron should be replaced by J. Staal. I see very little chance for Bergeron to make it with J. Staal filling that role.

I wouldn't write off Iginla so fast. Obviously Hall/RNH/Seguin are the popular picks to replace him but I can see Stevie Y wanting a veteran like Iggy on this squad. With first timers like Stamkos/Giroux/Tavares/J. Staal/Eberle likely to make it he'll want someone who is a rock like Iginla. Plus people are talking like Iggy is done. 32 goals this past year on a horrible team! I think he keeps it up and wears the 'C' in 2014. I'm not taking him off my projected roster until he proves otherwise. A spot is his to lose, he has earned that.

Goaltending is tough to forecast because we all know you ride the hot hand. Price is my only lock simply because he is the best Canadian goalie and I don't see that changing. Will Fleury bounce back after a rough playoff? (I think yes). Will Mike Smith continue to play out of this world? (I think he'll regress a tad). Where will Luongo go with his play assuming he leaves VAN? Goalies 2 & 3 are such a toss up IMO.

Anybody think Dan Girardi has a shot? He's such a beast on the back end. I think Yzerman will LOVE him, just not sure if there's room. A good problem to have with all our excellent D-men
I'd love Girardi to be there! But right now I have him number 8 and we only take 7.