Old
08-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Haha, I was looking at that page recently and going "Sami Lepisto, really? C'mon Mike."

But I know you've been a huge Larsen booster over the years and were way ahead of the curve when it comes to non-Stars fans realizing what was potentially there. Maybe you were just trying to keep expectations in check with that one.
Yeah, I did jump on the Larsen bandwagon (start it?) early, so at least I have that. When I try to put a player comparison in, it's purely stylistic, not expectations. If I called Mike Ribeiro "a less talented version of Wayne Gretzky" that doesn't mean he's going to get only 4 Hart Trophies and 2000 points, it would just be in terms of style. Just an example, of course...

When I made those player comparisons, I tried to use known NHLers, especially Western Conference players, so Dallas fans could go "oh, [this guy]...I know him..." in retrospect, Sami Lepisto isn't all that helpful considering it's Larsen in the league now and Lepisto is out... And as per this thread, Larsen is a little tough to make a comparison with...if I absolutely had to come up with something now, it might be along the lines of Kris Russell with better vision and slightly better polish. (not to mention a bigger upside, more projectable frame).

I'm gonna graduate him anyway...leave me alone!

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote