View Single Post
Old
08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
There is no way Weber should get a NMC or a NTC. If he does, Poile should be fired on the spot. That is far too much of a risk. If Weber chooses to hold out, he has shown his true colors and frankly I don't want a guy that doesn't want to be here on this team.

Personally, I think Weber is shocked and disappointed we matched. It almost seems like he had already moved on from us.
Really?? What exactly makes you say that? can you cite anything Weber has said that supports that view?

because everything I have seen and read suggested that he hoped the Preds would match, and Philly was his safe landing spot if they didnt.

His agents are pissed because Philly would have presented significantly more non-hockey opportunity for endorsements, but Weber himself seems to be pretty pleased.

Poile should talk to Weber, and if he wants the NTC because he only wants to be here, then Poile should give it to him, because, truthfully, there is no way we trade him after spending that much cash early on... and once he becomes cheap, he will be hard to trade because his cap hit will exceed his worth by that age.

but "fire Poile on the spot??"

get real....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote