View Single Post
Old
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
SouthpawTRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
What division are you in?

There's always advantages to playing against and with players that are better than you. However, it also pays to play in games where you can excel or at least be mid-level, especially for new players. I think it helps build confidence. Its why players start in the minors, even if they're "NHL ready". Now when I say excel, I mean be in the top percentage of players in your CLASS. I think if you can pace about a point per game, thats the sweet spot for confidence building.

In regards to leaving a team because of one player - if I were you I'd talk to the captain and other "friendly" teammates and take a player vote. Captains should be responsible enough to know a cancer on the team and should take action, for the sake of the team. I've "removed" players from my teams before, and although its not the funnest thing in the world, sometimes they just have to be done. Thankfully, the two teams I pay and play for have a great locker room. That's not always easy to come by.
I am on a team that is currently in EEEE; they were in EEE prior to the restructure (this is my first season playing with them).

I have fun playing with my current team mates; everyone is pretty chill and the vibes are good both on the ice and in the locker room. Most of the team gets along with the player that I do not get along with; so he would not be asked not to come back. I don't think that I'm a difficult guy to have on the team (I'm pretty low key and try to work as hard as I can and support my team mates); I just don't feel like paying league fees to have some guy that is knowingly better than most of the team barking at his own team mates (sometimes calling them out by number and not name).

I've played two seasons (one Spring season and one Winter season; playing in about half the games due to work) before I got inured and was out for more than a year. This technically is my fourth season (I subbed for a team one time last season; that was all the hockey that I played), but definitely need a lot of improvement and my confidence level is far from being at a comfortable place. As far as goals scored; I've had one in all the time that I've played (I should mention that I play D). My +/- is not so good, so that tells me that I need a lot of work (which does not add to my confidence level).

All in all, I have a lot of fun playing ice hockey. It's the greatest sport that I have ever played.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote