View Single Post
Old
08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsUK View Post
The 4 -7 month thing you mentioned above seems to be true over here as well, been over 2 months since we finished University and only 2 guys out of 40 on my course have jobs at the moment. Every application is overfilled by 10 or 12 times, not fun trying to get a job.
The job search is something you prepare for months even years before you graduate.

During their engineering undergrad, students should be trying to get summer internships, striving to get very good grades, trying to obtain scholarships or awards, networking and making contacts.

Then you should start looking a few weeks before you graduate. Working on your CV and cover letter to the T. Experimenting to find the right formula that works and one that gets the most interviews.

Finally, they should also work on selling themselves during interviews since that's what ultimately lands you the job.

I was fortunate enough to have had 2 jobs waiting for me right before I graduated as well as a 2nd interview. It definitely wasn't easy and very frustrating at times but if you exhaust your resources like I did, someone is bound to bite.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote