Thread: Value of: RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?
View Single Post
Old
08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
First off...Leino is a LW. Vanek prefers to play LW

The way I see the team on the wings....LW:Vanek, Foligno, Leino...RWommenville, Stafford, and an offensive void (why the offer to Doan and trade talk about Ryan)....Armia but cant till 2013-14 season.

there has also been talk of them looking at Andrei Kostitsyn--another UFA RW..who then could fill in a spot until Armia is ready.

I have said on NUMEROUS threads buffalo first priority is a veteran #1 Center--Edmonton doesnt have that.

If they get a #1 Center...they could move Ennis to LW and Vanek to RW.

Hemsky plays RW----same position as Ryan and Doan
The bolded is patently untrue. Leino's preferred position is RW, Ruff just likes to play everyone but Pominville on their off side. (See: Tropp, Vanek, arguably Stafford (idk what side he prefers, but I've always thought he looked better at LW))
I don't even want a veteran #1C. I don't care if we lose/suck this season nearly enough to seriously consider parting with the assets it would take to get one. We probably have all the centers we need; just they're all under 23, so we're going to have to wait a bit. Fine by me. I just want a guy who can play effective defensive minutes, because Hodgson might figure that out this season, but I wouldn't bank on it, and Ennis most certainly couldn't handle those match ups.

Belanger for...something?

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote