View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 12:35 AM
tfong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I simply cant agree with that whatsoever from a Flames perspective.

Jay Bouwmeester >> Kyle Quincey (not really debatable in my mind)

Jiri Hudler > Johan Franzen (This is debatable)
I understand Hulder was let go by the Redwings, but I personally would not trade him straight up for the older, similiarily productive forward. The biggest strike against Franzen is that he is signed to an astonishingly unattractive contract.(8 more years @ 3.925M ).

Gustav Nyquist > Anton Babchuk

Where is the mountainous advantage you speak of in the Flames favor? I don't see it.
A newly signed ufa that a team let go has zero value, so from a value standpoint Hudler is essentially nothing. Hudler is young so obviously he did not feature in Kenny's plans so no value or very little to us. Has there ever been the case of a player signing elsewhere only to be traded back to the team in the same off season?

At this point in time Franzen = Jbo in terms of impact to a team so essentially you are trading Gus+Quincey for Babchuk. You can't tell me a sub 4 million 30 goal/50 points is not worth Jbo as he currently stands. Franzen may look like a worse contract in a few years but from the current standpoint the value is way lopsided.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote