View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Jxmarts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
How many have actually seen Andersson play? It's hard for me to be high on a guy that I've never seen play, and hadn't even heard of until we drafted him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Hardly anyone. Clips on the internet, really. With Noreau, you can regularly watch him play if you choose to.

Honestly, I doubt the vast majority of us watch any of our prospects on a regular basis. Andersson in particular was not Ranger property until a couple of months ago, so even if you happened to catch a game with him in it, why would you have scrutinized him vs. any other player?

Moreover, even if you were able to watch every shift a teenager has played, in most cases that player will need at least several years of development before he's NHL ready. Who can say for sure how good Andersson or Noreau will be in 5 years?

The best you can do is look at their tools, consider their upside, look for improvement and project. The key is that a young player and demonstrates steady improvement and doesn't stumble at the next level. As long as he does that, there's hope.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote