View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 06:08 AM
EspenK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
...I agree with Espen, though not to the same extent

If we wind up in the 4-6 range at the draft, as is a possibility, I certainly think that if he is on the board and some of the bigger name forwards are gone, Seth Jones might be a possibility. I'm really interested to see him compete in the WHL - he's going to be on a very talented team in Portland (though, admittedly, they're losing some major pieces). If he's going to maintain his top prospect status, he will have to be absolutely dominant and prove that he's not only able to play on that team, but capable of being a leader on that team (especially since this is already his 18 year old season).

There's no doubting the kid can play, but everyone thought the same thing about Nick Ebert heading into this year ... really, anything can happen, especially when a kid is coming into a new situation altogether.

With the top end offensive talent in this draft and three first round picks, even if we do wind up with Seth Jones with our first pick, the other two picks should net us high quality prospects. A guy like Curtis Lazar could shoot up the rankings, or if he holds true where he is, he'll be a guy that's definitely worth snagging up. He's already got a pro frame and competes extremely well in all three zones. He could be a smaller version of Ryan Kesler. If we wound up with a player like that in the mid/late first round, along with Seth Jones, I don't think anyone can be disappointed.
Good response. If the Jones has the year everyone expects and he is available at 4-6 I guess taking him would be okay, but I'd still strongly consider trading down a spot or two if the deal was right.
I 'm not 100% sold on taking the BPA, especially when you are pretty deep at a position.

Possible slogan: "Jackets are Jonesing" to go along with "No winnin' for MacKinnon". Still working on a slogan for Shinkaruk - "With luck its Shinkaruk" ?