View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 08:47 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
What do I know. I'm just a CA, associate of a major international accounting firm and highly involved in recruiting

CA recruituig is organized between all universities and the CA organization and the CA firms. It's once a year in the fall whit organized cocktails, firm tours and interviews. It's all organized and all firms agree to offer the same salary to all students (except the very rare and few who are exceptional talents will gt a little more), and that as been 37-38K for the past 3-4 years. I satrted at 28K 15 years ago.

It's now how I did it, it's the system, everyone does it. CAs are among the professionnals the most exploited in the first 2-3 years of their career. The salary gets adjusted quickly after that once you gain the experience.
I'm not calling you a liar or anything. I'm just saying I've seen internships for accounting undergrads at 20 per hour part time. Perhaps it's an anomaly, but I went based off that.

Based on what you're telling me it was clearly an out of ordinary occurrence that swayed my judgement.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote