View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
So, let me get this straight: There are people that believe Carolina is better than a team that is bringing back almost all of their pieces from last season, has many young, talented forwards, and decent blueline, and a goalie who can be very good?

Carolina finished 12th in the East last season and people think they will jump to a team that will win it's division as well as finish with 4th most points in the East? I really want to hear the mindset of people here on Carolina. That to me is the biggest thing here. No team makes a jump like Carolina is going to make, and I'm not talking about standings position. I'm referring to lottery selection to a team that can compete for the Cup?

Not happening. Carolina should have been gone 4 selections ago.
In a weak division which is SE it shouldn't be a surprise to see a team making a jump from lottery to winning the division. My opinion is that they are better than Washington but because the board put Sens and Devils below Caps - that forced Carolina into the 5th spot in the ranking instead of 7th where I'd have them. Otherwise I agree with you that there is no way that Carolina is better than Philly or for that matter any remaining teams in the poll.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote