View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 09:49 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Dubinsky and Anisimov were also playing on the top two lines at various points. Playing on a third line, they aren't getting those assists. Which means the offensive gap is even smaller. Heck playing in the different roles, they barely managed more goals, which is the point that keeps getting brought up. Essentially, it comes down to this: despite playing with more talented linemates, and in more offensive situations, those two guys BARELY managed more goals than Boyle. They clearly managed more assists, which considering the difference in linemates and roles, isn't terribly surprising. Put consistently in the same role, I think that assist output, like the goals, becomes almost neglible.

Frankly, I just don't think there's a whole lot to back up the anti-Boyle claims, at least not to the high levels we see around here (and mostly around here).

I think it comes down to two principles - Boyle isn't considered "home grown" and he isn't a "beast" out there, which will always be two strikes on this board. With two strikes, people go looking for number three.

Again, I don't believe Boyle is a "great" third liner. But I also think some are probably going a bit too much to the other end of the spectrum. However, one area I strongly agree with you about is the sample size. I believe this will be a very telling season for Boyle. But just as you don't have faith in him, I'm not sure it will ever be enough for some on these boards.
I will be a believer in Boyle if he give this Rangers team another 30+ point season.

Be that 15-15 or 10-20 or 20-10.

I would love to see that line post similar totals in the sense of 30 or better per guy.

If we get that from that line, then we have ourselves a very dangerous 3rd line.

I want 65+ from the top line
I want 50+ from the 2nd line
getting 30+ from the 3rd line means thsi team is very very dangerous.

I'm not one of those guys that is stuck on any one player. Homegrown to me is a distant 2nd to what i think can help this team.

If trading Callahan/Staal/Lundqvist can help this team win, I have no issues with any of that.

I'm a fan of the Rangers, the names on the back of the jersey's could be left blank for all I care.

I know you were not talking specifically to me about the home grown comment, I just wanted to make that clear.

In my opinion, anyone on the roster is tradable as long as it helps the team.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote