View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 10:17 AM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
All I'm saying is that Franzen's clutch play over that 3-year span has to be taken into context with his frustrating seasons ever since.
? He has had 28 goal and 29 goal seasons the last two seasons, was injured the season before, since his three year great playoffs.

Let's not confuse team with the individual. He has had only 3 goals and 4 points in the last three playoff series since his three great years. His teammates haven't been exactly lighting the lamp either the last two postseasons.

His 73 playoff points in 88 career playoff games, his 10 great playoff series out of a 16-series career is still decent. And the skillset he brings to the pp, net presence, physicality in the offensive zone and fourth line are noteworthy. That's all I like about this pick.

As I told jkrx via PM before he made the pick, I suggest him for HIS squad (of Swedes; he told me he already was thinking of him). I personally would let him slide to the AAA, simply because there are others I want more still available.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote