View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 11:48 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
The article said he had to have screws inserted. This was last December, I assume he had to heal and go through some rehab. Now almost 9 months later, everything is probably over and he has a grand total of medical/rehab bills that he can sue for, which would be why he waited so long.

If the Preds are smart they just settle this by cutting him a $25k check and stay out of court. Shame that they didn't just step up in the first place and agree to pay any medical costs when it happened. I know that nobody wants to willingly give up thousands of dollars, but THAT story would have been much more positive for the organization.
this logic is why we have so many stupid lawsuits... people file claims against someone with deep pockets and/or insurance(which I am sure the preds have) because in most cases its easier and cheaper just to write a check than defend yourself in court.

If the guy was sent there by his radio station and more specifically, if he was on the clock while doing it, then he should be covered under Workmans Comp. WC may be the ones driving this suit if they feel the Preds were negligent... lawsuits usually take years to play out, so unless the preds decide to setlle, this will take a while..