View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 12:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Who are the Ads you will be watching in camp?

I'm getting curious about camp and how the roster will play out. I know we are not done with the FA/trade period but who do you want to keep your eyes on when camp comes around? He's my list of 10.

Forward:

Beck
Latta
Mueller
Watson
Shalla

Now we have been hearing about Beck and Latta since their Guelph days. My hope is they can come up together but the roster math doesn't look like that's would happen because of the single forward roster spot open. Mueller is the one AHL/NHl tweener who has experience and was very effective in AHL scoring wise. (32 goals last season). If Bourque is mored up to the open spot I could see him coming up to fill a roster spot. I don't think Watson and Shalla are going to make the club but I want to see their game. Listening to various Canadian outlets they gush about Watson like a forward version of Ryan Ellis. 'Ooooh! He's been to so many Memorial Cups! He's a gamer, a clutch player!' Shalla just came out of no where to turn into a scoring machine in the NCAA.

Defense:

Blum
Bartley
Ekholm
Bietto
Olivier-Rousell

We all know about Blum. Bartley cam out of nowhere. (Nowhere being Sweden) and seemed to be the top d-man in Milwaukee and now is whispered to be the #7 next year. Undrafted, but scored 9G, 30A in the AHL. He's rising quickly. Ekholm has a lot of hype but I think he needs AHL time. I don't think another year in Sweden hurt him but I don't think it will help him. I think the year of physical growth will. Bietto is interesting. He played 2 years at Northeastern and then signed a contract with the Preds. The only college player I can remember the Preds doing that for was Craig Smith. It might be interesting to see if he can make a rush to the Preds roster like Smith did. COR I don't think makes the Preds but I want to see how his game changed after Milwaukee sent him back to the Q to gain confidence.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote