View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
The lockout was always a lock if they didn't get a deal done by the time the CBA expired.

For me this is business and we got the team back in Winnipeg partially due to cost certainty born on the back of the last lockout so I look at this ugly process as a nessesary evil to ensure Winnipeg remains viable and can compete for a cup.

To be crystal clear I am not on the side of the players, I am not on the side of the owners, I am on the side of Winnipeg Jets owners and whatever "we need" in the CBA to keep our team long term and have a chance to win the cup......."us" vs. the other owners with divergent interests and players.
I think this is going to come down to owners versus owners. You have a number of teams consistently losing money, and a number of other teams making huge amounts of money. The owners opening offer "solved" that problem but cutting overall salaries so the poor teams wouldn't lose money, and the rich teams make even more money.

Fehr is going to come back next week pointing out how the league's problems can also be solved with greater revenue-sharing...

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 08-11-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: fixed quote