View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
I refrain from reading comments on Facebook and from the articles on NHL.com.

It's not worth reading that level of stupidity.
Even from our own fan base, when there was a status about Sutter so many Pens fans were saying how we should have kept Staal.

I read one comment saying that we traded Staal just to avoid paying him, another comment saying we can't afford guys we draft.

And other comments saying Staal would have signed here if it was a shorter term deal and that Shero is a bad GM because he traded him and he's a spoiled brat because Staal turned down a 10 year deal.

Umm, do they not realize that money and term had nothing to do with it, and that Staal wanted a better role which he wouldn't have on the Pens?

I tried telling them that Shero made the right move, a franchise type of player who turns down a 10 year deal but mentions that he will negotiate with another team is a hint that he doesn't want to be with the Pens. And that if we didn't trade Staal he would have left in 2013 for nothing and not only would we not have Staal, we wouldn't have Sutter, Pouliot or Dumoulin, Jeffrey would be our 3rd line center and our prospect pool would be weaker. But Pens fans continued to say how much Shero screwed up trading Staal.

Pens fans.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote