View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Von Malkin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Honestly, it's hilarious.

Even from our own fan base, when there was a status about Sutter so many Pens fans were saying how we should have kept Staal.

I read one comment saying that we traded Staal just to avoid paying him, another comment saying we can't afford guys we draft.

And other comments saying Staal would have signed here if it was a shorter term deal and that Shero is a bad GM because he traded him and he's a spoiled brat because Staal turned down a 10 year deal.

Umm, do they not realize that money and term had nothing to do with it, and that Staal wanted a better role which he wouldn't have on the Pens?

I tried telling them that Shero made the right move, a franchise type of player who turns down a 10 year deal but mentions that he will negotiate with another team is a hint that he doesn't want to be with the Pens. And that if we didn't trade Staal he would have left in 2013 for nothing and not only would we not have Staal, we wouldn't have Sutter, Pouliot or Dumoulin, Jeffrey would be our 3rd line center and our prospect pool would be weaker. But Pens fans continued to say how much Shero screwed up trading Staal.

Pens fans.
Staal screwed the pens when he made it known he wouldn't play for any team except Carolina. That pretty much prevented shero from trading with 28 of the teams. It wasn't Sheros fault; Rutherford could have just waited until next year to sign staal as a ufa. In a perfect world, we would have received a lot more trading staal. I just think people are frustrated with shero, we donated michalek to clear up space to sign no one, lost out on the Parise sweepstakes and the team is worse than last years team. Not all of this was his fault.

I'm not bashing Shero..,

Von Malkin* is offline   Reply With Quote