Thread: Value of: RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?
View Single Post
Old
08-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
Yeah. That's why I said picks and prospects filling out. Something like a high pick or prospect with Leopold and a really late pick coming back with Gagner.
Sounds good, what type of pick/prospect do you think is in play from Buffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Myers lost his partner (Tallinder) after his rookie year, causing Ruff to entirely change Myers' role. He struggled out of the gate his second season, but picked it up in the second half of the year. Fine, he was 20, it happens. Last year, again, he was a little slow out of the gate and got scratched for one game. He came back the next game and scored 2 goals, and went on a nice run before breaking his wrist in a fluke play, which he then nursed for the rest of the year (while also, at some point, sustaining damage to his knee that required minor off-season surgery). His game has been improving despite those hiccups though. His overall physicality is much better than his rookie year and will only continue to improve. On the stat sheet, it doesn't look like he's gotten better, but he has. If he stays healthy next year, I think it will be a huge year for him. A 6'8" d-man who can skate like he can, create offense like he can, is a special player and not easy to replace. (Our winning % with him in vs out of the line-up proves it.) I wouldn't trade him for anything right now, not even RNH. We have lots of young centers. I'd rather keep Myers and put my hope in the Grigs/CoHo/Ennis basket than trade Myers to fill a hole that we might be able to fill internally.
Fair enough, and TBH I wouldn't trade RNH for Myers either as much as we need that elusive #1 D.