Thread: Bring in Quinn
View Single Post
Old
04-26-2006, 09:58 PM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I don't think we should ditch him just yet, but the man has made quite a few mistakes

1) We needed to win once in our last five games to win the division, and get home ice. He either needed to play our "injured" guys, or get the team up to play games vs the Pens and the Isles. The division should have been ours, but he thought being healthy for the playoffs, regardless of position in the playoffs, was more important. That was a huge mistake that obviously is killing us.

2) Putting Poti and Ozolinsh together. I think about 1% of the NYR fan base believes this is a good idea, but somehow our coach continues to do this. They are not effective enough offensively to place such a liability on defense. They are absolutly the worst defensive defensemen on the team.

3) You can't get players up to play playoff games. When youre that good during the season, there is something wrong with going down 0-3 in a playoff series. You have to put this type of blame on the coach

I'm dissapointed completely in Renney because of these things.

Quinn is an awesome coach, but unfortunately it's not the right move to axe this guy after one season when looking at our performance (playoff appearance) in the scheme of things.

EDIT: oh yeah, "practicing" jagr on the PK in game 1

Last edited by nyrmessier011: 04-26-2006 at 11:19 PM.
nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote