View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 02:32 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
re: eberle - i'm fairly certain he'll make the team. he's skilled enough and when it comes to the politics of Hockey Canada he's a well liked guy. Whoever above said he isn't slow is right...but he's also not a particularly good skater - that won't make a difference re him making the team...but it does mean they'll have to be careful w/ line combinations - he should not be on the same line as Giroux, for example.

re: toews - i don't think he's appropriately a "checking centre". he obviously brings a 2-way game...but he's very good offensively and he's also excellent at faceoffs.

re: doan - he absolutely should not be on the team. for people who have mentioned his leadership, you'll have HC repeats of Crosby, Toews, and Weber - all of whom are captains on their teams and Giroux, who will probably be C in philly by winter 2014 will be there, too. The team will not lack leadership (including from players who were in Van).

re: coaching. I was thinking a bit about coaches. In Van Babcock was head coach and the assts were Hitchcock, Ruff, and Lemaire. I wouldn't mind seeing Babcock back as head coach again. Hitchcock should be in the mix again...others would include Quenneville, Julien,and Sutter

re: GM - I've just been assuming Yzerman will be back.