View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
re: eberle - i'm fairly certain he'll make the team. he's skilled enough and when it comes to the politics of Hockey Canada he's a well liked guy. Whoever above said he isn't slow is right...but he's also not a particularly good skater - that won't make a difference re him making the team...but it does mean they'll have to be careful w/ line combinations - he should not be on the same line as Giroux, for example.

re: toews - i don't think he's appropriately a "checking centre". he obviously brings a 2-way game...but he's very good offensively and he's also excellent at faceoffs.

re: doan - he absolutely should not be on the team. for people who have mentioned his leadership, you'll have HC repeats of Crosby, Toews, and Weber - all of whom are captains on their teams and Giroux, who will probably be C in philly by winter 2014 will be there, too. The team will not lack leadership (including from players who were in Van).

re: coaching. I was thinking a bit about coaches. In Van Babcock was head coach and the assts were Hitchcock, Ruff, and Lemaire. I wouldn't mind seeing Babcock back as head coach again. Hitchcock should be in the mix again...others would include Quenneville, Julien,and Sutter

re: GM - I've just been assuming Yzerman will be back.
Hockey Canada has already named Yzerman GM of the team as long as NHL players are participating. That what done last February at a press conference..and Babcock has already stated, he's in if Yzerman asks. If the NHL and NHLPA can't agree on olympic participation, then Yzerman has already stated there will be other people involved.