View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Sixers weren't going to go too far anyway so the Bynum trade is a very nice move on their part. Yeah it's risky since he may not resign but it was a necessary risk IMO.

As far a Brickadola....I think this comment on Philly.com sums up his stint here...our teams seem to do this. We did it with Richards and Carter but Sixers really went overboard with Iggy and did a diservice to him and the team...

Quote:
This is a good trade for the Sixers, I think. Bynum's ceiling is very high, and he is approaching his prime.
However, I want to say this about Iguodala - the 76ers are more to blame for the fans dissatisfaction with him than he is. The 76ers marketing him as a franchise centerpiece, someone to build a team around. That is like marketing Iverson as an Assist man and someone to create for his teammates. You cannot make someone they are not. Iguodola is a GREAT complimentary player. He is a shutdown defender, plays offensively above the rim, and moves without the basketball. If you have a Big Man and a scorer, than Iguodala will flourish as the 3rd option. But marketing him as a franchise player is kinda like marketing George Lynch as a franchise player. He was a great role player, but he was never someone to build a team around.
bumpi16

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz239sumZtT