Old
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
Spelling. He's intriguinging because he's shown marked improvement every year. It'll be interesting to see what he does at the next level.

I'm surprised Stajcer is getting more love than Missiaen. Missiaen actually had a pretty good year in the ECHL as a pro, while Stajcer has not been able to hold down a starting job in junior the last 2 years. Talbot is older, and he'll probably be the Rangers emergency call up & then move on next year as a minor league free agent (like Chad Johnson).

I would not totally dismiss Ceresnak. He has ideal size, and he had the 2nd best +/- rating from the regulars on his junior team. (Andrew Yogan was first.) You can't judge a defensive defanseman from his statsheet, but I haven't heard of anything that tells me he's not a prospect.

I don't think there's any hope for Ryan Bourque. He's not half the player his brother Chris was at his age, and Chris did not have concussion issues. Yet, Chris has never been more than a career minor leaguer.

Add Jean.
On Ceresnak, here's a scouting report written just recently:

Quote:
Adam: Peter Ceresnak's footwork was absolutely brutal when Rangers fans saw him at Traverse City. How far along has he come in that regard?

Brock:
Ceresnak still isn't a terrific skater. He's a pretty basic player. Definitely not flashy. He is relatively effective defensively though, but could stand to be more physical and use his size. At the OHL level, his skating doesn't hurt him a lot because he doesn't take a lot of chances with the puck, or in the defensive end. He's definitely a positional defender. But at the next level, the speed of the game would definitely eat him up if he doesn't make improvements in his mobility (and puck skill in his own end).

Adam: How well does he use his size?

Brock:
Not that well. He's not a consistently physical guy, which is disappointing considering the size advantage he has. As I said, he's more of a positional defender who's happy using his stick off the rush and in the corners. In order to take that next step as a stay at home guy, he'll definitely need to become more aggressive, as his offensive game isn't strong enough to carry him forward.
http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2012-ar...ock-otten.html

That pretty much echoes what I read throughout the year. He's a guy with good size, but he doesn't do anything particularly well. The more I think about it, the more I'd be inclined to take a guy like Blake Parlett, who has at least performed to some degree at the professional level. I don't know, I just don't see much of anything in Ceresnak. It's like he's a wussy Dan Maggio.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote