View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc77 View Post
No, this kid will be going #1.

I watched him play a lot last year and caught almost all of their playoff home games live last season. He has natural abilities that only come along on the rare occasion.

As for your argument, I'm not sure where you are going with that? This kid has been on the radar for years. Looked amazing in the Canada Games, had a great year in the Q and led the Mooseheads to the Semi's which was far from expected by that team.

As for his defensive issues....first of all it's not that bad. Just because a guy is smallish and skilled doesn't mean he isn't good defensively.

Not to mention he only turns 17 in September. He looked dominant all year and led a Q team in the playoffs with 28 points in 17GP as a 16 year old.

Monahan is a good player, but don't kid yourself, Mackinnon will be the #1 barring injuries.
What I meant is that, when a player is on the radar for a long time, his weaknesses become more apparent than that of other players. Scouts begin to nitpick his weaknesses. The same thing happened to Couturier and happens to many players.

In terms of his defensive game, there's no doubt that it is very weak. It can be improved, but right now, it well below average compared to the other top-5 to 8 potential first rounders.