View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Son of a Dawson
Bo Knows Hockey

vCash: 500
Hey fellow Canuckleheads,

Lived in Van for 10 years, and now split my time between Cawston B.C (Southern Interior) and Leipzig (Germany). Been a fan of the Canucks since 1991. Was already playing minor hockey in the South Okanagan, but had minimal interest in the NHL and its players. Began watching the good old CBC around age 9. Was initially a Bruins fan, as I truly starting following hockey during the Bruins and Oilers Stanley Cup final of 1990. Loved Neely, Bourque, Moog (the fact that I've was born in Penticton might have something to do with it) and of course Billy Ranford. Didn't start following Van city's finest until my first live game at the Pacific Coliseum against Chicago in the fall of '91. Been a die hard Canuck fan ever since. Recall they won the Smythe Division that year, and well believe it was the teams best regular season to date. My fondest memory was meeting Pavel back in '92 with his brother Valerie as well at a card convention at the Agrodome I believe. Shook his hand, received some autographs and well was star struck to say the least, I had met my idol!!! Many highs and lows since then, but its been 40 years and counting, and this city and Province is still anticipating its first Championship. 2012-2013 the year of conquest for the Canucks, we shall see?

Son of a Dawson

Son of a Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote