View Single Post
Old
04-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBoltz56
Shanny was using a wood BLADE, but not wooden sticks. He bought the entire stock of some easton shaft that they stopped making like 5 years ago and used them up until this season.
Correct, I think it was the Easton Silver Tip shafts. Geez, to think...if we had that type of money, we could just buy a lifetime supply of our favorite stick or product. I remember Gretzky bought the inventory of a grip company when they announced they were going out of business because he loved the grips.

To get back on topic, I agree that Innovative had great products, but lacked major marketing which limited the number of players using their sticks. Warrior has a strong marketing department and the same, if not better, technology that Innovative had...so their sticks are popping up like hotcakes.

The past two seasons (not last year due to the lockout) the Predators have had a "garage sale" where they have sold off their surplus sticks and equipment to the general public. I'm hoping to pickup a Dolomite stick there, otherwise, I'll eventually pony up the cash to buy one new.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote