View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Zine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I thought they looked awful vs the Czech Republic too. They looked like they were skating in mud compared to NHL stars, clearly not used to the speed and level of play of the best players in the world. I don't know; maybe they dominated the lesser teams earlier, but I was very unimpressed by the level of play in the KHL after watching them.

Ovechkin, Malkin, etc stunk against Canada too, but they didn't look like they didn't belong on the same ice surface.

Do the KHLers dominate the World Championships like the best Soviets did before the fall of the Iron Curtain?

Well, you must have been watching a different 2010 olympics then.

Of course the KHL doesn't have elite NHL calibre players (apart from Radulov), but that doesn't mean they can't compete against the NHL's best. It happens all the time in olympic and WC competition. Germany (DELers), Switzerland (NLAers), Slovakia (large contingent of KHLers) regularly play the NHLs best very close (and sometimes achieve victory).
The NHL is NOT so far ahead whereby they make other league's elites players look like they're skating in mud. That's ridiculous.

As for Radulov/Morozov, I think Radulov could be a regular contenter for top 30 NHL point producer. Morozov (in his prime) could've been a 1st line NHL talent if the NHL was played on big ice.....but of course they're not a Kharlamov or Makarov.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote