View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Let's see both guys have played in the same league against the same players for the better part of 2 years now. I guess you can argue Subban has played in a couple playoff series, but it's not like he spearheaded the Canadiens to either of them. In terms of QoC, I would say both guys are equal, now if one was in the AHL and the other in the NHL, then you would have a valid argument.

As I said previously, Hamonic has played against other teams top players and on the first unit of the PK, if that isn't "quality time" for a defenseman I don't know what is
I'm not arguing that, I'm just presenting the facts. Among D that played more than 10 games, Subban had the 15th Highest Corsi Rel QoC. Its not so much an indication of Hamonic playing against inferior competition (he had the 2nd highest on the Isles), its an indication of just how heavily Montreal had to rely on him on the PK and against other teams top lines. That's something nobody seems to understand. The fact that he had a positive +/- on minus team and Montreal had the 2nd best PK in the league is a true testament to how he's commited to improving his defensive play. Ideally Montreal wouldn't have to rely so heavily on him defensively, but they had no real defensive depth behind him and Gorges. Just an aging Gill, two 25 yr old rookies, Campoli and Spacek/Kaberle the last 2 being an absolute nightmare defensively(We called them CaKa).

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote