View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
In a vacuum, that might get him, but not in real life. It's all about supply and demand. JBO is a respectable #2D or an elite #3D. There are a ton of teams that will want him, especially with the cap rising. Everyone has space, and everyone could use a guy of his skill set.

With Mez and Pronger likely out, Philly will make a run. Detroit is rumored to be involved, as they should. If he'd waive, I could see Edmonton getting in the mix. I'm not sure he is what Pitt needs on defense, but they have 9mil in cap space, and he would make their team better. San Jose has to be getting sick of 1st round exits, and a Burns-JBO pairing would look awfully good.

Bottom line is that the Flames are in a sellers market. JBO and Yandle are the only two players even close to top two defenseman available, so lots of teams will bid. It is going to take Blum+1st easily.
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the type of value they receive. It just smells like one of those deals where you wake up next to a lady you picked up at an expensive bar and think to yourself, "Uh oh, what did I do?", "I spent how much?....". There's no doubt it's a sellers market for top 4 defenseman, but he's certainly not worth what the end result will be. Then again, look what Nash got.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote