Thread: Proposal: Retrospective Trade
View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 04:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
There are quite a few things you can choose as to why Seguin will be better... But this one isn't true IMO

Seguin is better defensively, more physical, and looks like he will develop into a Center (more important position)... Those are the only things I think Seguin is currently better at...
You're kidding? I'm a habs fan and I like Toronto way more than Boston but...Seguin is a pretty talented guy. His speed is not as good as kessels. Kessel has a superior shot as well. However, the reality is although weaker in certain areas you can't make it sound as if Seguin's shot or skating are sub par. They are top notch as well. I mean, when you round out seguin's entire game I think he's just as dynamic. I never said as dynamic offensively, i'm talking the total package here.

Seguin has room to grow but let's not kid ourselves here, in his second year he surpassed kessel's career high prior to this season. Kessel had a solid year and broke out as a true elite force but we can't dismiss seguin's production. Seguin may end up a 35-35 guy as soon as next year. When we look at him being 'dynamic' his superior defensive ability, his better odds to end up a versatile (C/W) player in the NHL and other factors add to his range of talents.

By no means am I saying Seguin>Kessel or anything. I'm saying they are pretty much equals in total. I wouldn't be surprised if seguin even outproduces kessel as soon as next year but that's a different story. As a habs fan I'd personally take seguin as we need a center but a team like pittsburgh or someone else would take kessel. It's really a wash for me.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote